Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cupcakes, strawberry, teapot.


The other day my mom called and told me she was on her way to a bakery near my home.  She said she was in persuit of some pretty treats to use as still life props.  I gave her a few suggestions and hung up, happy to hear she was planning an afternoon of painting.  

The other day I stopped by my parent's house and although my mom wasn't home, my dad directed me to this canvas and informed me that the props were delicious and they ate the treats together after they'd served their purpose.  My mother is an artist who used to draw coloring books, mazes, paper dolls, and educational materials for myself and my three siblings growing up.  I don't think she ever took the time to take classes or draw/paint what she really wanted. She has taken up a Saturday oil painting class in the past few weeks and I just love what she's made so far.  As an adult, it's so nice to see my mom persue what truly interests her instead of constantly tending to the needs of other people. Lovely.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment