Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Winter wishes

Since the seasons decided to skip fall completely (last week it was too hot, today it is absolutely freezing) I'm just going to accept it.  I don't think I ever really buy new clothes when it gets cold, I just pull my coats/boots out and everything else gets layered.  I'm looking forward to Christmas shopping soon and maybe making a few of my own wishes come true in the process.

Simple shaped dresses

A connected scarf to wear long (not doubled up)  behind the neck and back, but in front of shoulders.


Gloves.  Not the stretchy knit kind, the leather outside/cashmere inside kind (mmmm)

 Coats with details.  I'm not really afraid of obnoxious bows as long as they're worn in moderation.

Boots with a slight wedge heel.  Very busy day friendly. 

 
This thing. Is that a scarf and a sweater in one? I like it.

It takes me a good three weeks to fully adjust to the time change and even longer to get used to constantly being cold, but I'm already looking forward to more rainy mornings spent cuddling and watching 80's movies (the best part of last Sunday), bundled up walks to the beach, lots of hot coffee to keep my hands warm, baking treats, Christmas lights, wrapping gifts, and the lovely smell of woodsmoke which tends to fill the evening air this time of year.  When I finally have a place of my own someday, it must have a fireplace.
Happy Winter
-C

(Images: forever21, Beso.com, Spanish Moss vintage)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I was just reading your blog, and it is definitely interesting and inspiring. I would like to invite you to visit my blog, and if you follow me, I will follow you. So what do you think?

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the boots from? I must know.

    ReplyDelete