Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Book report #2




A little gem I found at the library, a book of photos from the SEARS catalog. Early 70's.

(I notice a trend of extreme full coverage bottom pieces)

(I love the little pastel slips)
(also a fan of anything flouncy and sheer)
(note the cutouts, those were around a lot last summer)
(love the abundance of awkward posing I came across)



It's interesting how trends in fashion come and go over time and I notice this more and more as I get older.  That's the beauty of vintage finds, you can carefully choose articles you want to carry with you from the past, altering them slightly or adding modern elements, and you can just as easily leave certain trends in their original era...where they rightfully belong
(please see men in "play suits" above)
enjoy,
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment