Sunday, July 11, 2010

Friday night

Over the weekend I had the pleasure of attending a fashion show, The Thistle in the Kiss, at Stripe located downtown Santa Cruz.  The store itself is eclectic and quirky, housing both new and vintage treasures from household items to lingerie.  The show featured beautiful designs from the fashion line Lex, and leather accessories by Nuala.  The models each wore one focal garment that was styled three different ways progressively throughout the show.  The house was packed and the energy was high (the music was great and the drinks were pink and yummy too). I wish I had snapped some shots of innocent bystanders as well because I saw some great creative dressing in the crowd.  Then again, that might be awkward if I got caught, right? Right.  Unfortunately the quality of photography here is lacking but I hope you can get an idea of how absolutely lovely the whole thing was.  To see more photos of the event by Tim Cattera, click here











   I could tell how much talent and hard work went into making this night a success, even though the photos don't do it justice. (I'd also like to note that some of the models were the designers sisters, beautiful girls and to me this made it that much more special)

A few favorites from the store...


           
I love it when a bunch of creative people get together and collaborate like this.  So much fun. 
-C

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Thank you so much for coming and for all your kind words!

    ReplyDelete