Monday, July 5, 2010

Something borrowed

I am a lover of libraries.  Big ones, small ones, the old one downtown always full of crazies and napping transients...I say yes please to borrowing.  I can't think of a better way to spend a dreary afternoon than parking myself in the OVERSIZE section and judging books by their covers. I like that loitering is quite acceptable there, as opposed to say Borders where I'm always afraid someone is going to approach me and say "this isn't a library, get off the floor".  Also, the library is the only place I can find videotaped professional Ballet performances, something I find highly entertaining now because I took a ballet class recently and it was kind of embarrassing. It's amazing what they do, and I can watch it for free for two weeks at a time whenever I want.  I recently discovered this book, Evening Dress, and it was worth lugging to the desk to check out (it's pretty heavy, that's how you know it's good) here's a few favorites.
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment